Chicken Tinga Tacos is a traditional Mexican dish that is a staple in many households. This dish is made with shredded chicken that is slow-cooked in a flavorful sauce made with chipotle chilies and other seasonings. The end result is a delicious and hearty filling that is perfect for tacos.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy the taste of Chicken Tinga Tacos without spending hours in the kitchen. We will be using an Instant Pot to make the cooking process even faster and easier. You will be able to make this dish in no time, and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal with your family and friends. Whether you are serving this for a quick weeknight dinner, or for a party with friends, Chicken Tinga Tacos are sure to be a hit. So let’s get started and make this delicious dish!
To start, why not pair these tacos with some classic Mexican appetizers such as guacamole and salsa? Or, for something a little more unexpected, try serving them alongside some crispy and crunchy jicama or cucumber sticks. And for those who enjoy a bit of spice, a bowl of spicy roasted chickpeas would be a perfect addition to the table.
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice (shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, etc.)
If you’re unable to find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you can use jalapeno peppers or any other type of chili pepper to taste. If you don’t have fresh oregano, you can use dried thyme or marjoram instead. And if you’d prefer a different type of taco shell, feel free to use flour or whole wheat tortillas.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Add a drizzle of oil to the pot and let it heat up.
- Add the diced onions and minced garlic to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, minced chipotle pepper, ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and pour the chicken broth over them.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and seal the vent. Press the “Manual” button and set the timer for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Then, carefully turn the vent to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine it with the sauce.
- Serve the Chicken Tinga mixture inside warm corn tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you’d like a little more heat in your tacos, try adding an extra chipotle pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce.
- To make your tacos more filling, try adding some black beans or corn to the filling.
- If you have leftovers, try using the Chicken Tinga mixture as a topping for nachos or as a filling for burritos.
Chicken Tinga Tacos in an Instant Pot are a delicious and easy meal that can be prepared in just a matter of minutes. To make the most of your experience, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind. First and foremost, make sure to properly shred your chicken. This can be done using two forks or an electric mixer.
Another tip is to taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking. If you want a spicier kick, add in some extra chipotle peppers or chili powder. If you want a sweeter flavor, add in a bit of honey or brown sugar. Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings. Some popular options include avocado, cilantro, cheese, and sour cream, but feel free to experiment with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
In conclusion, Chicken Tinga Tacos in an Instant Pot are the perfect meal for busy weeknights or when you’re craving Mexican cuisine. With its bold flavors, tender and juicy chicken, and crispy shells, these tacos are sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
And best of all, with the help of your Instant Pot, you can have this delicious meal ready in no time at all. So next time you’re in the mood for tacos, give Chicken Tinga Tacos a try and let the magic of your Instant Pot do the work for you!