If you’re looking for an easy and tasty meal prep recipe, look no further than this delicious Chicken Fried Rice stir fry.
Chicken fried rice is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by people all around the world for many years. It’s a comfort food that never gets old and it’s also a perfect meal prep recipe. With its combination of flavorful ingredients, this stir fry is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a quick and healthy meal. Whether you’re looking for a quick dinner or a satisfying lunch, this recipe is an ideal choice for anyone who wants to enjoy great food without sacrificing taste.
Meal prep is a fantastic way to make sure you always have a delicious and nutritious meal on hand, and chicken fried rice is a great option for anyone looking for a healthy and delicious meal prep recipe.
In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious and easy chicken fried rice stir fry that’s perfect for meal prepping. Whether you’re new to meal prepping or you’re an experienced pro, this recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a tasty and convenient meal prep recipe.
If you’re looking to serve this dish as a meal, we recommend pairing it with some delicious appetizers. Some options include: spring rolls, dumplings, wontons, or vegetable tempura. These light and crispy bites will complement the flavors of the Chicken Fried Rice perfectly and will make for a well-rounded meal.
- 2 cups of white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- If you’re not a fan of white rice, you can use brown rice or even quinoa instead.
- If you don’t have frozen peas and carrots, you can use fresh vegetables instead. Some good options include: bell peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli.
- If you’re not a fan of oyster sauce, you can substitute it with hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce.
- If you don’t have green onions, you can use chives or a small amount of diced red onion instead.
- Rinse 2 cups of white rice in a fine-mesh strainer and then place it in the Instant Pot.
- Add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to “sealing”. Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and set it aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 small onion, diced, and 2 cloves of minced garlic to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the pan and cook until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Push the chicken and vegetables to one side of the pan and add 3 beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through.
- Add 2 cups of cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
- Garnish with 2 chopped green onions and serve
When it comes to meal prep, Chicken Fried Rice is a classic dish that can easily be made ahead of time. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or dinner, this stir fry is a delicious option that can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. The savory flavors and tender chicken combined with the fluffy rice and vegetables make for a well-rounded meal that is sure to become a regular in your meal prep rotation.
For a quick and easy meal prep experience, make a big batch of Chicken Fried Rice and store it in individual containers for an easy grab and go lunch or dinner. This recipe is a great option for those who are looking for a quick and satisfying meal, without sacrificing flavor. Whether you’re looking to meal prep for the week or want to enjoy a delicious dinner tonight, this recipe is a must-try!
If you’re looking for other meal prep ideas, be sure to check out our Chicken Tinga Tacos recipe. It makes for a perfect Taco Tuesday!